The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP) assists Principal Investigators and Project Directors and their administrative staff in managing sponsored programs throughout an award's lifecycle. There are a variety of award management functions that ORSP conducts to ensure compliance with a project's funding terms and conditions.
- After an award has been fully executed, the Principal Investigator/Project Director (PI/PD) will work with ORSP to set up a fund.
- Once the budget has been established, the PI/PD may spend award funds to support the goals and objectives of their award.
- Depending on the nature of the project, the PI/PD may have to work with various campus departments and individuals for certain types of expenditures.
- ORSP is available to assist the PI/PD to the extent possible with any post-award activity.
- PIs/PDs are responsible for the submission of all technical reports for their awards. A copy or notice of submission should be provided to ORSP.
- There are also standard procedures that must be followed for closing out a project; ORSP will notify the PI/PD of awards as they approach their end dates.